어스와이즈 뷰티 팔로마 하이 데저트 클렌징 리츄얼 오일
An oil cleanser for a decadent facial massage ritual
› For all skin types
Paloma is a mythical creature, part woman, part dove. Her home is in the California High Desert among the creosote bushes, giant yucca plants, and buckhorn cholla. When sighted as a dove, she brings hope to people who are dejected, hails peace in the land, and makes you forget your sorrows.
This cleansing and facial massage oil was named after Paloma the woman-dove to evoke the pure, gentle, compassionate, and peace-loving nature of the desert nymph. It is a lightweight, smooth, quenching oil that offers luxurious slip and glide among the seductive aromas of geranium, rose, palmarosa, and pomegranate.
What we believe is special and different about this oil cleanser is that its mix of noncomedogenic oils makes it suitable for all skin types. It has a light, liquidy, cooling feel, which makes it appealing to use in all seasons, even after a day in the sun. As you massage the oil into your face, you will find it doesn't absorb too promptly, so you may enjoy a long, leisurely massaging session without the feeling of pulling at the skin.
You may use Paloma as your face cleanser and makeup remover, but also as a facial massage oil and even as a leave-on hydrating and plumping face oil (applied on cleansed skin). This oil cleanser doesn't contain surfactants and is meant to be removed with a warm moist cloth, or washed off with a foaming or gel cleanser such as Marshmallow Face Cleanser.
Here are highlights about a few key ingredients:
- Kalahari melon oil - This oil is extracted from the seeds of wild melons from the Kalahari desert in southern Africa. We love the cooling, light, moisturising feel of this oil and find it absorbs promptly and thoroughly, adding a level of hydration during a cleanse. Earthwise Beauty (EWB) likes to support oil producers in this part of Africa because through the demand for their offerings, EWB is able to contribute to the livelihood of people in geographic regions with limited economic opportunity.
- Prickly pear oil - Prickly pear seed oil is esteemed for its high vitamin E content and very high ratio of linoleic acid (about 65%) to other acids. It is a noncomedogenic, highly penetrating oil that beautifies the skin's appearance almost instantly.
- Jojoba oil - One more oil from a desert plant, jojoba offers a pleasantly waxy and gliding feel; it moisturises and protects against moisture loss. It also soothes irritated or inflamed skin, and gives a more elastic appearance to dry skin while conditioning and softening. (Native Americans used the meat from jojoba seeds to soothe and heal skin, and to soften and preserve animal hides.)
- Pomegranate oil - Another super oil in this blend, pomegranate oil contains the rare omega-5 fatty acid (also known as punicic acid), an antioxidant that is said to reduce the appearance of aging and inflammation. Pomegranate oil also contains gamma-tocopherol, a potent form of vitamin E, beneficial polyphenols, and phytosterols. It is an oil whose unique chemical composition aids the skin on many levels, and protects against visible environmental damage. Pomegranate fruit is a symbol of bountiful harvest, abundance, and female fertility.
- Baobab oil - This oil is extracted from the seeds of wild baobab trees. It provides effective moisturisation of dry skin, and is firming and strongly plumping. It contains vitamins E, D, and F. Earthwise Beauty included baobab oil in Paloma as they find that energetically, baobab oil shows a kinship with other oils that come from scorching hot and dry climates, and together these oils reinforce the hydrating, cooling, light, and reinvigorating vibe of EWB cleansing oil. The trade of baobab seeds for oil production is carefully regulated in order to achieve a balance between supporting the economies of African countries and discouraging the inadvertent depletion of the area's natural resources. (Trade in baobab bark and leaves, on the other hand, is not sustainable and not legal.) EWB's baobab oil suppliers are well aware of the importance of sustainability, and work with African partner companies that place sustainability as one of their most important values.
- Sacha inchi oil - This oil has a very high omega-3 fatty acid (alpha linolenic acid) content (42–49%), and it is also a rich source of omega-6, omega-9, and antioxidant-rich vitamins A and E (alpha-tocopherol). EWB's Peruvian supplier is one of the most progressive natural ingredient suppliers EWB has come across, dedicated to strengthening Peru's regional economies, improving sustainability, and promoting ethical and Fair Trade business practices throughout Peru. They are one of the leading voices advocating for organic agriculture and sustainable wild nut harvesting in Peru.
- Tomato oil - This is an irresistibly creamy oil that is high in beta-carotenoids, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin E. Tomato oil is particularly recommended for dry and mature skin as it promotes a youthful, elastic appearance, moisturises dry and coarse skin, and forms a protective layer.
The scent of Paloma is refreshing and reviving, reminiscent of Egyptian geraniums, Moroccan roses, Madagascar orange leaves, and Nepalese palmarosa.
Energetically, Paloma is cooling, light, and ethereal, evocative of the expansive, resilient, quiet, sun-drenched High Desert atmosphere.
For all skin types.
Choose Paloma if you need a non-emulsifying evening makeup remover and cleanser or are seeking a facial massage oil.
Choose Marshmallow Cleanser with the intention of using it after Paloma as a second cleanse, or if you are seeking a soothing morning and/or evening cleanser that foams and does not require a second cleanse step. Keep in mind that Marshmallow Cleanser does not remove heavy makeup.
For an easy morning cleanse for sensitive skin, we recommend Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist used with a cotton round to wipe and hydrate the skin.
Shake the bottle briefly, then dispense 4 to 6 pumps of the oil into the palms of your hands.
Press into dry skin and gently massage using upward and outward circular motions to remove makeup and impurities, and to boost circulation. Add more oil as needed for a smooth glide.
Follow with a warm, wet facial towel to massage the skin and remove the oil.
You may then use a foaming cleanser as your second cleanse if desired. Alternatively, Paloma may be used as a massage oil applied on clean and damp or dry skin, or as a leave-on hydrating face oil.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed esters*, Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed oil*, Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari melon) seed oil†, organic Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, Adansonia digitata (baobab) seed oil†, organic Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil, Opuntia ficus indica (prickly pear) seed oil *or†, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) absolute†, Pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil*, Rosa centifolia or damascena (rose) absolute, Citrus aurantium (petitgrain) absolute or oil*, Cymbopogon martinii (palmarosa) oil†.
*유기농 인증성분(Certified organic).
†야생 수확성분(Responsibly wildcrafted).
Cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted.