어스와이즈 뷰티 암브로시아 도 세하도 리퀴드 모이스처라이저 30ml
Lightest moisturiser for oily and acne-prone skin
The mysterious Ambrosia do Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer, with an irresistible guava-plus-citrus scent, feels like applying brightening yellow dewdrops that are fully charged with unrefined, whole-food (not isolated or factory-produced “nature identical”) nutrients from the superfood buriti, pequi, and moringa oils.
› Suitable for all skin types
› Completely Vegan
Earthwise Beauty’s (EWB) idea was to create a formula with that would be truly nourishing, yet ultra-light and breathable at the same time, to deliver lots of moisture without a waxy or overly emollient feel. This format is very appealing for the times when the skin is dehydrated but you don't want oil or an emulsion (lotion or cream) on your face because you prefer a lighter feel. By light, it doesn’t mean "just a little bit effective": this moisturiser is highly effective in what it is designed to do; you will be amazed by how much and how quickly your skin can absorb in each single application.
A Portuguese name was chosen for this product to draw attention to the Cerrado area in Brazil, as this beautiful savanna is considered the biologically richest savanna in the world by the Word Wide Fund of Nature. EWB wants to shine a spotlight on areas of the world that are overlooked or insufficiently known about by the Western world, and that need our attention to protect their natural environment and biodiversity.
EWB also wants to support the indigenous populations of these regions so that their livelihoods will be rewarded and appreciated, and their culture will be respected and protected. To that end, EWB chooses fair trade ingredients from these regions, extracted sustainably by small cooperatives using their traditional tools of choice, and EWB has chosen some of their product names and designs to provoke our curiosity about these areas, their natural bounty, and their peoples.
Despite its deceptively light feel, this moisturiser is deeply hydrating and nourishing, and also has an overall brightening effect. The carefully-sourced oils chosen for this formula include:
- Hand-extracted pequi fruit oil: from the cerrado savanna in Brazil: This unique extract-like oil is rich in vitamin C, betacarotene (which the body converts to vitamin A), and vitamins B1 and B2, all promoting firm, supple, even-toned skin.
- Buriti oil: Also from Brazil, which is highly praised for anti-aging results and for improving the appearance of brown spots and scars.
- Moringa pod oil: which further aids moisturization and delivers an incredible range of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients (too many to list all of them here, but for starters, it contains betacarotenes, several B vitamins, selenium, and zinc).
EWB finds that skin care products are amazingly skin-compatible with minimal risk of allergic reactions if the vitamins and minerals are included in the form of pure, fresh plant oils, rather than vitamin powders that come in a plastic bag from a cosmetics ingredients supplier.
This liquid emulsion-type moisturiser contains no emulsifiers, and there are no fragrance added, not even essential oils, to allow the unique fruitiness of the pequi fruit to come through. Moringa oil provides a complementary green note.
› For all skin types.
› Contains no emulsifiers or essential oils, making it suitable for the most sensitive skin.
› Acne-prone, combination, sensitive, and oily skin types can enjoy hydration without the risk of breakouts or the oily or waxy feel of moisturisers that are too rich for them.
› Dry and normal skin types will benefit from the nutrients and hydration when using this potion as the first step, before applying a richer cream or facial oil.
Shake well and apply generously onto freshly washed face or over your aloe-based serum of choice. Most skin types will benefit from following immediately with an emollient moisturiser, facial oil, or balm.
Ideally REFRIGERATE to protect freshness and enhance the cooling, refreshing, and depuffing properties.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Cold-press whole-leaf Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, cold-press unrefined Caryocar braziliensis (pequi) fruit oil†, cold-press unrefined Mauritia flexuosa (buriti) fruit oil†, cold-press unrefined Moringa oleifera seed oil† or *, Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract, tocopherol (vit. E from non-GMO sunflowers), potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vit. C), citric acid.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Aloe certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch, no fragrance added. Gluten free.